Thursday, June 30, 2016

His hands and feet

I never cease to be amazed at how God is always ready to use those who are willing to step out of their comfort zones. Whenever I've done that, I've always found that there is a special grace that has flowed to and through me to those around me.  Having led countless mission teams through the years of all ages, I've watched God use His people and bless and change them in the process, but I'm not sure when it's ever meant more than now, when my team members will go home with me because they are my family.

Without any doubt, the family dynamic also brings plenty of its own challenges like sibling disputes and very close quarters for a week, but it's all completely worth it to have front row seats as we watch Jesus change the lives of our children as He stretches them physically, mentally and spiritually.  

These pictures tell some of the story of how God's hands and feet are being extended through us to orphans and children in extreme poverty.  Through us, Jesus has given piggy back rides, fave painting, hugs, high fives, smiles, soccer games, craft help, songs, prayers and the precious gospel to some of the amazing kids He has created for His glory and none of us will ever be the same.  

Thanks for joining us on the journey in prayer!







4 comments:

  1. Such a joy! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture is of your daughter sung face painting. The little girl beside her is not watching what she is painting. She is looking at your daughter's face. Lord, may they see love and hope!

    ReplyDelete